167 Likes 26 Dislikes
Title : Top 10 Most Popular Cosmetic Brands
1. L'Oreal Paris (Cosmetics) : The L'Oréal Group is a French cosmetics and beauty company, headquartered in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine, France. It is the world's largest cosmetics company, and has a registered office in Paris. It has developed activities in the field of cosmetics, concentrating on hair colour, skin care, sun protection, make-up, perfumes and hair care, the company is active in the dermatological, tissue engineering and pharmaceutical fields and is the top nanotechnology patent-holder in the United States. CEO: Jean Paul Agon. Founder: Eugène Schueller. Founded: 1909.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Or%C3%A9al
2. Avon (Cosmetics) : Avon Products, Inc, known as Avon, is an American international manufacturer and direct selling company in beauty, household, and personal care categories. As of 2012, Avon had annual sales of $10.0 billion worldwide in 2013. It is the fifth-largest beauty company and second largest direct selling enterprise in the world, with 6.4 million representatives. Avon Products is a multi-level marketing company. The company's CEO is Sherilyn S. McCoy, who was appointed to that position in April 2012. The former CEO, Andrea Jung, became the executive chairman of the board. Founded 1886. Founder(s) : David H. McConnell. Headquarters : New York City, United States.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avon_Products
3. Lancome Paris (Cosmetics) : Lancôme Paris is a French luxury perfumes and cosmetics house that distributes products internationally. Lancôme is part of the L'oreal Luxury Products division, which is its parent company and offers skin care, fragrances, and makeup at higher-end prices. Founded 1935.
Founder(s) : Armand Petitjean. Headquarters : France.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanc%C3%B4me
4. Clinique (Cosmetics) : Clinique Laboratories, LLC is a manufacturer of skincare, cosmetics, toiletries and fragrances, owned by the Estée Lauder Corporation. Clinique was the third brand that was "born" from the Lauder Group. The first being Estée Lauder, followed by Aramis, and then Clinique.
Founded : 1968. Headquarters : New York. Founder: Evelyn Lauder
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinique
5. MAC (Cosmetics) : MAC Cosmetics (formerly Make-up Artist Cosmetics; stylized M·A·C) is a manufacturer of cosmetics headquartered in New York City. MAC Cosmetics, Makeup Artist Cosmetics, was founded in Toronto, Ontario, Canada by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo in 1984 with the assistance of chemist Vic Casale.The first U.S MAC store opened in 1991, in New York. Founded : 1984. Headquarters : New York City.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_Cosmetics
6. Olay (Cosmetics) : Olay is an American skin care line. It is one of Procter & Gamble's multi-billion dollar brands. For the 2009 fiscal year ended June 30, Olay accounted for an estimated $2.8 billion of P&G's $79 billion in revenue. Olay originated in South Africa as Oil of Olay. Graham Wulff (1916-2008), an ex-Unilever chemist from Durban, started it in 1949. The name "Oil of Olay" was chosen by Wulff as a spin on the word "lanolin", a key ingredient.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olay
7. Oriflame (Cosmetics) : Oriflame Cosmetics S.A. (Luxembourg) is a cosmetics group, founded in 1967 in Sweden by the brothers Jonas af Jochnick and Robert af Jochnick. The company sells personal care, assessories and nutritional products. As of 2007, the company reported an independent sales force of 2,242,500 people. Headquarters Luxembourg, Luxembourg (with a trading branch in Fribourg, Switzerland).
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
8. Urban Decay (Cosmetics) : Urban Decay is an American cosmetics company founded in 1996 by Sandy Lerner, cofounder of Cisco Systems, and Particia Holmes.1 Lerner and Holmes hired David Soward as CFO and Wende Zomnir as Marketer. The label is based in Newport Beach, California with a distribution center in Hialeah, Florida. The brand is primarily sold in mid to high-end beauty stores such as Ulta, Sephora, and Macy's.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Decay_%28cosmetics%29
9. Revlon (Cosmetics) : Revlon is an American cosmetics, skin care, fragrance, and personal care company founded in 1932. Founder: Charles Revson. Founded: 1932. CEO: Lorenzo Delpani.
Headquarters: New York City, NY, United States of America.
Founder(s) : Joseph & Charles Revson, Charles Lachman.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revlon
10. Maybelline (Cosmetics) : Maybelline is an American makeup brand sold worldwide and owned by the French cosmetics company L'Oréal. Their slogan is Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline. Founded : 1915. Founder(s) : Tom Lyle Williams.
Headquarters : Chicago, Illinois, United States. Parent : L'Oréal.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maybelline